Do you have a gardener on your holiday gift list? Are you wondering what would be the perfect holiday gift for the ‘gardener who has everything’ or perhaps a gardening ‘newbie’? I’m delighted to provide a few suggestions to assist you!
Books: I love my gardening books, some that I have had for many years and still refer back to. And there are always new publications to enjoy. Paging though a book with information and photography can be a favorite pastime for gardeners during the winter months. Here are my top suggestions this year:
- · The Intimate Garden by Gordon Hayward & Mary Hayward
- · Gardening With Water by James VanSweden
- · Dirr’s Hardy Trees and Shrubs by Michael A. Dirr
- · Making the Most of Shade by Larry Hodgson
Tools: Who doesn’t love receiving a new gadget as a gift? There are tools that have been around for years that every gardener should have, and there are some new items available every year. Here are my ideas for gardeners:
- · Classic Soil Knife (aka Hori-Hori knife)
- · Felco Bypass Hand Pruners
- · TubTrugs (in many sizes!)
- · Gloves, so many types for different garden chores, but don’t skimp on quality!
Magazines: I love my garden magazines. And a magazine subscription is a gift that keeps on giving! These are my favorites:
- · Fine Gardening
- · Organic Life
- · Horticulture Magazine
- · The American Gardener
I hope these ideas make your holiday gift giving just a bit easier!